This is the yearly BRP ST Gathering in the fall. 20-30 ST1300 riders get together to ride the mountains, have fun, visiting cool places, and shoot the breeze around the campfire. All this goes on with Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground in Cruso, NC as base. We plan on making the trip up there this year. It’s a very nice area with access to a lot of fun stuff,,,,,Sherohala Skyway, The Dragon, Gatlinburg, Bryson City, Hot Springs and others.
A lot of places and roads to choose from:
The annual RTW Day moves to the ‘third Monday in June.’ The next Ride to Work Day is MONDAY, JUNE 15, 2009. It is the 18th annual Ride to Work Day. Reasons for an earlier annual Ride to Work Day include:
- The new day is not as hot in most northern hemisphere areas, and not as cold in most southern hemisphere areas. June weather is more favorable worldwide.
- The new day provides an increased opportunity for more riders to Ride to Work. Many workplaces close for summer holiday in July – especially in Europe.
- A Monday event encourages motorcycle and scooter commuting to continue during the entire week.
- Positive media exposure will increase. Sundays are slower ‘news days’ so there will be more coverage like this: “Look for more motorcycles on your commute on June 15.th, as that Monday is the annual Ride to Work day…”
- The Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme (FIM) has endorsed this day, and is promoting the ‘Third Monday in June’ worldwide as the annual Ride to Work Day.
Well, I ride to work mostly every day year round anyway, but hats off to them.
Two months and counting. The road planning part of the trip is complete. Going Hwy 220 up through NC into Roanoke, VA. Then I81 up through VA, PA, I84 through NY, I95 through MA, RI, Hwy 1 through MA and New Brunsvick into Nova Scotia. About 1500 miles one way.
It will take about 3 1/2 days or so to get up there.
We think we’ve got everything we need for the trip. 99% of the time you take more with you than you need, so no worries.
The bikes are as ready as they can be. What do you expect? They are both Honda bikes. Top reliability all around.
Hopefully the weather will hold up for the entire trip, but knowing how itcan change very quickly close to the atlantic, specially fog, I suspect we will have some rain / fog, at least on the eastern coast of Nova Scotia.
As usual, I’ll be headed up to the top of Morrow Mountain, NC New Years day. We do this every New Years day, weather permitting. A few ST owners get together, and meet for a chat around noon time, then head back down to find a place to eat. Supposed to be pretty chilly in the morning. We’ll see what happens. Last years
bunch pictured below.
Happy New Year to all of you fellas out there. Hope you have a prosperous and healthy 2009, and stay safe, wherever you choose to go.